Kik FriendsKik Tricks: Fun, Funny, or Useless?
Kik is free, fun, easy to use, and full of cool features, but did you know
that you can play sophomoric and not-that-funny pranks on your friends with it
as well? Maybe you're bored and not horny, or can't find a sexting partner, or
can't get an intrusive contact to leave you alone. Try the following tips to
Embed the Official Kik Logo in your Messages
Want to make your bored Kik sexting contacts pretend to be impressed? Here's how:
- Start from within a new or existing conversation.
- Type "(KIK)" -- without the quotes -- as your message or somewhere within it.
- Once you send your message, it will appear as a Kik logo to you and every recipient of the message. Congratulations!
Don't Let Others Know You've Read Their Messages
Sometimes, you might not want others to know that you have read the message that they just sent to you. This could actually be useful in some situations, if you suspect that the user you are chatting with is not content to let you chat at your own pace. Here are two methods:
- When you receive a new message on Kik, press your device's "home" button. From here, you can preview snapshots of all of your apps, allowing you to read the message without Kik realizing that you have done so, and then go back to your home screen if you don't wish to respond.
- Alternatively, after receiving a new Kik message, you can switch your phone, tablet, or other device into airplane mode. In airplane mode, the signal that you have read the new message is not sent back to Kik, so your contact will not know that you have read it. Close the message if you don't wish to respond, and feel free to go about your day. Don't forget to turn airplane mode off again, though!
Make Your Friends Think You're Typing
Another potentially useful tip for dealing with people who can't respect your pace or your time: Make them think you're typing. Maybe they'll wait to see what you have to say instead of repeatedly messaging you.
Within Kik, from the perspective of the person you are talking to, the top of the screen shows either your display name, or your display name plus "is typing....." This allows you to fool someone pretty easily -- just change your display name to include the typing indicator.
- Go to Kik's settings
- Navigate to "Your Account"
- Touch "name" and then add "is typing....."
Clearing Your Conversation History
Kik can be fairly safe if you're smart. The only fact that other users know about you is your username, unless you give them more. But what if someone is able to physically access your device? Here, we will describe some steps you can take to delete old conversations, or new ones if they're compromising enough, so that no one with access to your device can read them.
A word of forewarning: You can't delete conversations stored on someone else's device without physical access to it, and access without authorization is a crime, no matter how easy. When you delete conversations stored on your device, this only prevents knowledge of those conversations from being disclosed to people who gain access to your device. The conversation still exists for every other recipient until they delete it themselves.
Start from your list of conversations in Kik.
- For iOS (Apple) devices: Swipe the conversation in order to get options, then select "delete."
- For BlackBerry devices: Select the conversation and press the physical delete button on the device.
- For all others: Select the conversation, then touch "erase conversation."
Hopefully, these tips will be at least amusing, and possibly even occasionally useful. Whether you use them to deflect the advances of unwanted overzealous horny sexting partners on Kik or to amuse your friends, find more Kik users to do whichever with at KikSexting.com.